Are you feeling fatigued or run down lately? The cause can be chalked up to several reasons, the most common of which is poor nutrition. That’s an easy fix, right? Just read a few articles online about the most nutritious foods to eat and pop a few multivitamins, right? WRONG! Unfortunately, most people do not maintain a regular dietary intake that provides adequate essential vitamins and minerals. So, what’s the best solution for people who aren’t getting enough? Often referred to as a Myers’ Cocktail or IV Nutrient Infusion, Intravenous Vitamin (IV) Therapy could be the answer.
We encourage you to read on because IV Vitamin Therapy is here to help you.
What is IV Vitamin Therapy?
Nutrients contained in food and dietary supplements can be poorly digested and absorbed by the body. This issue of your body not absorbing nutrients properly can also be exacerbated with age or by certain chronic health conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), which directly interferes with nutrient absorption.
IV Vitamin Therapy infuses essential vitamins and minerals directly into the body so that they bypass digestive processes, going straight to work where they are needed most.
This Micronutrition Intravenous Therapy guarantees a high absorption rate, which means a more effective vitamin and mineral delivery with fewer side effects! In a nutshell, IV Nutrient Infusion has many health benefits that most foods and oral supplements don’t.
What’s in a Myers’ Cocktail?
Dubbed the Myers’ Cocktail, in honor of its inventor, Dr. John Myers of Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, the recipe of nutrients in the cocktail is attributed to successfully treating many health conditions as well as promoting overall wellness for over forty years.
So, what is in a Myers’ Cocktail? The cocktail is a mix of essential vitamins and minerals in a saline solution. Ingredients include calcium, vitamin C, B complex and magnesium, all formulated as an intravenous infusion. Here is a snapshot of each ingredient and how they help keep your body functioning properly:
- B vitamins: B complex vitamins play vital roles in maintaining good health and wellness. They have a direct impact on brain function, energy levels, and even help to fight infection. B vitamins also help your cells function properly. Without enough B vitamins, your digestion, skin integrity and cell production can suffer.
- Calcium: This mineral supports normal heart and muscle function and helps your blood clot. If your body doesn’t get enough calcium, the heart can have abnormal rhythms. In addition, calcium deficiency can lead to early bone loss and diminished bone density over time, which leads to an increased risk of fractures.
- Magnesium: Did you know that magnesium is responsible for 300 enzyme reactions in your body? It is! It is also responsible for important functions such as keeping your muscles and nerves working properly and maintaining appropriate blood pressure and blood sugar levels. In short, you really need it, and in extreme cases of magnesium deficiency, you can experience seizures and impaired cardiac rhythms.
- Vitamin C: This essential vitamin works as an antioxidant, and is also needed to repair and grow tissue. It also factors into wound healing and building a strong immune system. Not getting enough vitamin C can cause depression and connective tissue defects such as gingivitis, internal bleeding and impaired wound healing.
How Your Body Processes Nutrients
With oral supplementation or food, nutrients have to go through multiple steps to be absorbed by the body, including being digested by your stomach. Later, nutrients are passed into the bloodstream from the small intestines, where the organ absorbs most of the nutrients from food. Finally, the nutrients absorbed in the intestines pass into your bloodstream through the intestinal lining with the assistance of specialized cells. The circulatory system then transports and gives these nutrients to various parts of your body, where they are used or stored for later.
How is Receiving a Myers’ Cocktail Better?
Have you ever heard of cutting out the middleman? Well, a Myers’ Cocktail does this very action by bypassing your digestive tract and delivering vitamins and minerals directly into your bloodstream. Then, the nutrients can be delivered directly into your bloodstream at a high dose.
The higher doses of vitamins and minerals help your cells receive them faster than food or oral supplements, which can take hours to days for complete absorption in the body, depending on how well they digest.
Do You Have Chronic Digestive Issues? IV Vitamin Therapy Can Help
In hospitals and nursing homes, Myers’ Cocktail therapy is used to help patients who can’t eat, or are too unwell to eat. With increasing digestive issues among the population that impede the absorption of nutrients—such as Celiac disease, Crohn’s disease, inflammatory bowel syndrome (IBS), gluten intolerance, and lactose intolerance—Myers’ Cocktail IV vitamin therapy can help. The treatment bypasses the digestive tract, thereby preventing flare-ups and delivering relief and cessation of digestive issues.
How is it Administered?
Here at Kinkaid Private Care, we offer Vitamin Therapy as part of our IV infusion services. With this procedure, vitamins are delivered intravenously into a vein near or within a muscle (intramuscular). With this method, a more accurate dose can be given to the client. In addition, if you have low pain tolerance, fear needles, or have any other reason you cannot receive an injection, this method is perfect for you.
Do I Have to Visit the Office to Receive IV Nutrient Infusion?
Traditionally, infusion therapy took place in a medical office under medical supervision, but today, you can receive IV therapy without leaving the comfort of your home. In addition, there are several types of therapies that can be performed in your residence, including those for allergies or sinusitis.
IV Vitamin Therapy Benefits
IV Vitamin Therapy enhances the healing process, alleviates many physical maladies, and helps restore energy and stamina. It also has a long track record of healing a myriad of medical conditions.
Some of the illnesses and health conditions that are treated with IV Therapy include:
- Fatigue, both chronic and acute: Vitamin deficiency is well known for contributing to long-term and sudden fatigue and listlessness. IV Therapy can help correct these deficiencies.
- Athletic performance and recovery: Exercise causes the body to crave nutrients and fluids to replenish its supply. IV therapy boosts energy levels, which improves the performance and stamina for professional athletes.
- Migraines: Studies indicate that magnesium blocks signals in the brain that lead to migraines that have auras or cause changes in vision or other senses. Because of this, IV Nutrient Infusion is widely used to relieve magnesium deficiencies in your body and relieve the agony of migraines.
- Fibromyalgia: Pain from fibromyalgia is often compared to that of the muscle soreness you get when exercising. The calcium and magnesium in a Myers’ Cocktail can help the cells in your body get oxygen more efficiently, which may also relax your muscles and alleviate the dull pain from fibromyalgia.
- Allergic and non-allergic rhinitis: Many components of IV Therapy are anti-inflammatory, which means that the treatment can assist in reducing the swelling that leads to the congestion and postnasal drip caused by rhinitis.
- Muscle spasms: Fatigue and overuse can contribute to muscle spasms, but nutrition can also play a huge role. In particular, not getting enough calcium and magnesium can cause acute muscle contractions. Administering the two minerals intravenously has been shown to greatly help with these spasms.
- Depression: Depression and diet may be linked. And if you are eating junk food and processed foods, they are likely giving you the blues. Your body relies on adequate vitamins and mineral absorption to manufacture the hormones needed to promote and regulate balanced moods. IV therapy can replenish many of these missing nutrients.
- Hangover aid: Multivitamin infusion benefits you gain from the Myers’ Cocktail may aid in the relief of hangover symptoms, such as dehydration, headaches, or muscle aches, as well as promote a healthy, glowing appearance. In much the same way, the treatment can be used as a preventative measure before traveling abroad.
Receiving IV Vitamin Therapy at Home
If you are interested in receiving IV Vitamin Therapy, you have options. While most will receive the treatment in a medical setting, an increasing number of people are opting for in-home treatment.
Likewise, the elevated experience of receiving the Myers Cocktail in the comfort and convenience of your private residence cannot be overstated. Additionally, Kinkaid Private Care’s In-Home IV Vitamin Therapy promotes relaxation, with no scurrying in traffic, trying to find parking at a busy medical center, or wasted time.
Your in-home care provider simply seats you comfortably in a quiet space within the comfort of your home. They will then gently insert the catheter for the IV infusion. The process typically takes 20-30 minutes altogether, and then you are free to resume your daily activities with no downtime.
How Often Will I Receive Treatment?
If you are wondering about the frequency of receiving IV vitamin therapy, it is typically administered once or twice a week for the first four weeks — then, it tapers off to one treatment per month. Your specific health needs will determine the actual treatment schedule, which will be determined by a medical professional. The positive effect of the Myers’ Cocktail can last a few days or up to a few weeks. Also important, it is very well tolerated.
How Safe Is Myers’ Cocktail Therapy?
If you aren’t familiar with Myers’ Cocktail Therapy, then you may wonder about its safety. The vitamins and minerals contained in the cocktail pose minimal or non-existent side effects for most. However, bear in mind that ingredients, such as magnesium, can cause side effects in some individuals.
For instance, if the magnesium were administered too quickly, you could experience some light-headedness. That’s why it is important to get the vitamin and mineral infusions from professional medical providers who will administer the treatment properly.
Feel Better Sooner with Kinkaid Private Care
The fatigue, chronic conditions and mood disorders you’re experiencing could be your body’s way of telling you that you have a vitamin and mineral deficiency. Therefore, give your body the nutrients it’s begging for to feel better sooner! At Kinkaid Private Care, we’re here to provide you with the benefits of IV Vitamin Therapy and ease your path to better health. We will connect you to our expert home care nurses who can administer you a Myers’ Cocktail in the comfort and privacy of your residence. Also, you can contact Kinkaid Private Care at (866) 573-1542 to learn more about IV Vitamin Therapy and find out if it is the right choice for you.