Being diagnosed with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) can be a distressing and anxiety-provoking time, especially if the specter of re-hospitalization looms, but Kinkaid Private Care can help you keep your loved one comfortably at home through our COPD Home Care Service.
What is COPD?
COPD includes emphysema and chronic bronchitis, progressive inflammatory lung disorders that affect over 15 million people in the US. COPD reduces a person’s ability to get enough oxygen into their bodies and causes these symptoms:
- A chronic productive cough
- Fatigue, often debilitating
- Frequent or chronic respiratory infections
- Shortness of breath during activities
- Tightness in the chest
- Excessive mucus production
- Swelling in the feet and legs
- Blueness in the lips or fingernails (cyanosis)
- Impaired cognition
There is no cure for COPD, but with COPD care at home, your loved one can remain independent at home while receiving the best in-home luxury care in California.