Receiving Cancer Home Care to Increase Comfort
The “C” word is one of the most dreaded words ever uttered. Getting a cancer diagnosis, yours or a loved one’s, can be as frightening as it is life altering. While survival should be the ultimate focus during the cancer treatment journey, quality of life while undergoing treatment should also be a high priority.
Cancer treatment can be extremely time intensive and exhausting, with multiple doctors, tests, and treatments involved. As you move through the treatment process, fatigue and discomfort can become unbearable. Why not consider improving your quality of life during this trying time by receiving much of your cancer care in the comfort of your home?
What Cancer Home Care Includes
In most cases, it is possible to receive the same cancer treatment services in the privacy and comfort of your own home that you would in a hospital environment or doctor’s office. Your oncologist can set up a plan of care to be initiated by a home nursing care agency, alleviating much of the stress involved in cancer care. The various care services available for cancer home care include:
- Nursing care. Both RNs and LVNs will provide the bulk of the on-home treatment. Services provided may include medication monitoring and administering, IV treatments, wound care, pain control, ostomy care, monitoring of infections, and proactive response to an emergency situation.
- Physical therapy. A physical therapist can assist you in mobility, range of motion, balance, and regaining muscle strength and flexibility.
- Concierge services. Holistic therapies enhance the healing process as well as aid in relaxation and stress reduction. These Concierge Services can include guided imagery, acupuncture, massage therapy, IV vitamin therapy, and meditation.
- Occupational therapy. An occupational therapist can help you regain the ability to perform daily tasks, such as eating, dressing yourself, bathing, and other basic activities.
- Home health aides. Home health aides provide assistance with personal care and hygiene tasks, getting in and out of bed, walking, eating, and bathing.
- Other services. The home health care agency can also provide a nutritional therapist for dietary support and education, lab services, respiratory therapists, coordinate medical and dental appointments, request clergy visits, house cleaning services, home-delivered meals, and home delivered pharmacy services.
The Benefits of Cancer Home Care
There are many advantages to utilizing private home care services for the treatment of cancer. Home care offers relief to both patients and caregivers, reducing the number of trips to doctor appointments, various therapists, and hospital visits. By receiving many of these services at home, energy can be renewed and time spent visiting with loved ones and participating in daily activities that you enjoy. Just being home in your familiar surroundings can ease much of the distress caused by a cancer treatment regimen.
Cancer home care also provides personalized support and Intensive Case Management. Instead of a steady stream of various providers at the many doctors’ offices, you will establish a connection with your home care team. This continuity allows for companionship and support that creates a sense of confidence and calm for the cancer patient. Family members appreciate the reduction in their care-load as well, by consolidating caregiving to the home.
Kinkaid Private Care Provides Quality Cancer Home Care
Kinkaid Private Care coordinates home nursing care for individuals receiving treatment for cancer. Members of their expert nursing staff will design an individualized care plan to maximize quality of treatment, safety, and convenience. Our nurses are trained in providing in-home oncology treatment services and other complex cancer therapies. In addition, concierge holistic therapies are available to enhance healing and overall wellness. For more information about our in-home cancer care services, contact one of our nursing staff today at (877) 388-6373.