If your loved one has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, you should seek care so he or she can live a comfortable lifestyle and receive the treatment he or she needs for this complicated disease. And if you live in Los Angeles, there are many care options across the metro area.
However, to receive the best and most comfortable care, we recommend looking into in-home nursing care. In this article, we will discuss what Alzheimer’s care is, why you should look into home care, and how Kinkaid can help you find home care in Los Angeles.
What is Alzheimer’s Care?
Alzheimer’s care involves caring for the every-day needs of someone with Alzheimer’s disease. While Alzheimer’s can have many different symptoms and cases can range in severity, care for this disease typically involves the following, among other aspects:
- Working with patients to maintain and improve daily routines
- Ensuring patients are always safe and do not wander off
- Ensuring patients maintain a healthy lifestyle, including a healthy diet and exercise
- Administering medications in an appropriate and timely manner
- Coordinating family visits
Again, cases range in severity, so the level and specific requirements of care will vary depending on the goals and needs of patients and their families.
Why Receive Alzheimer’s Care at Home in Los Angeles?
Receiving Alzheimer’s care at home has many advantages, especially in Los Angeles. The following are a few of these advantages:
- Better Care: Care is always better when it is personalized and private. With in-home care, the caregivers focus solely on you and your loved one, so you receive more attention and an overall better experience.
- Better Relationships with Caregivers: By receiving care at home, you and your loved one will be able to build a stronger relationship with the caregivers because the caregivers will be focused solely on you and your family. This contrasts a care facility, where caregivers must attend to numerous patients at once.
- Increased Comfort & Less Stress: Receiving care in the comfort of your home is always better than receiving care at a facility. Your loved one will be more comfortable if he or she wakes up every morning in familiar surroundings and near family. One of the most common symptoms of Alzheimer’s is the inability to cope with new things. So, allowing your loved one to receive treatment at home will eliminate the stress of having to move to an unfamiliar place.
- Better for the Family: Visiting a care facility can be stressful and uncomfortable. By receiving care at home, your loved one can receive visitors at any time of the day and in the comfort of your family home. It is much easier and more relaxing to visit the grandparents in the privacy of their home.
- Avoid the Stress of Traveling in LA: If you currently live close to your loved one with Alzheimer’s, the last thing you want to do is move your loved one to a facility that requires navigating through Los Angeles traffic to get to. Allowing your loved one to receive care at home ensures you and your family will not have to travel far to visit.
Receive Alzheimer’s Care at Home in Los Angeles with Kinkaid:
If you or your loved one is in need of Alzheimer’s or dementia care, please reach out to us to see how we can help. Kinkaid Private Nursing Care offers premium in-home services to patients looking for the best and most intensive care on the market. We only take on a few clients at a time, so we always provide specialized care to meet the needs of each client.
For more information, please visit our homepage and learn about the array of services we provide. These services include at-home Alzheimer’s and dementia care, in-home nursing care, and the coordination of a variety of at-home medical services in the Los Angeles area, as well as home detox services all over the state of California. We also offer at-home Covid-19 testing.
Jennifer is a healthcare executive, and the founder of Kinkaid Private Care, a private health management company specializing in assisting patients in their homes with complex medical diagnoses. Jennifer is a registered nurse with more than 20 years of experience working in some of the most highly regarded hospitals in Los Angeles and Orange County. Over the years she has developed an extraordinary network of highly qualified nurses with various specialties. This network allows her to provide the best medical experience and match specialized nursing care to the specific needs of her clients.